DirectAmazonUploader timing out after 1 hr

Nov 4, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Hi, I've been using the uploader to upload single files to S3 without issue within the context of an ASP.NET application.

Recently I have tried to use it to perform batch uploads of multiple files. I am finding that around the 1 hour mark (possibly exactly 1 hour), the files stop making it to S3 Cloud. Anything under one hour makes it into the cloud. Anything over 1 hour does not, consistently so, from various client sites -- however, the tool still occasionally makes the Ajax callback as though the file had uploaded successfully, and it does so without indicating error in the isError flag of the callback.

I am baffled as to what could be timing out (if that is even the right conclusion). I don't think it can be the IIS application, because (a) I don't think the widget relies on session, since it is (primarily?) client-side and (b) Ajax callbacks complete successfully and (c) I have set httpRuntime executiontimeout on that page to 10 hours. That leaves the widget itself and Amazon cloud. We are able to upload over 1 hours' worth of data via S3Fox, so it seems unlikely that it is the cloud. If the widget, I am unaware of a timeout setting, and if it did have one, why would it behave as though the file had uploaded successfully in those Ajax callbacks instead of returning IsError = true in the callback args?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!